4 Oct 2019

First Line Friday: The Curse of Misty Wayfair by Jaime Jo Wright



Today I am sharing the First Line of a book I purchased a couple of months ago. The Curse of Misty Wayfair is a Thriller cum Dual Timeline novel. Not my usual fare, but I have a soft spot for Thriller/mystery novels. 

Left at an orphanage as a child, Thea Reed vowed to find her mother someday. Now grown, her search takes her to Pleasant Valley, Wisconsin, in 1908. When clues lead her to a mental asylum, Thea uses her experience as a post-mortem photographer to gain access and assist groundskeeper Simeon Coyle in photographing the patients and uncovering the secrets within. However, she never expected her personal quest would reawaken the legend of Misty Wayfair, a murdered woman who allegedly haunts the area and whose appearance portends death.

A century later, Heidi Lane receives a troubling letter from her mother--who is battling dementia--compelling her to travel to Pleasant Valley for answers to her own questions of identity. When she catches sight of a ghostly woman who haunts the asylum ruins in the woods, the long-standing story of Misty Wayfair returns--and with it, Heidi's fear for her own life.

As two women across time seek answers about their identities and heritage, can they overcome the threat of the mysterious curse that has them inextricably intertwined?

My First Line is From Chapter 18 (since I am currently reading the book). 

"The iron gate opened, soundless" 

 What's Your First Line? Don't Forget to click the Meme, and see what others in the group are reading.


https://hoardingbooksblog.wordpress.com/category/first-line-fridays/

5 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! My first line is from "Cold Pursuit" by Gayla K. Hiss:

    "Faith Chandler stared at the man walking in the distance."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! Today I'm sharing the first lines from Simply Starstruck by Aspen Hadley: "It's funny in life how you never recognize a big moment when it's actually happening."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/10/first-line-fridays-simply-starstruck-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today on my blog I shared the first line from The Telegraph Proposal by Becca Whitham and Gina Welborn but I'm currently reading Aiming for Love by Mary Connealy so I'll share the first line from my current chapter (7) here: "Jo turned back to Dave to see him shake his head." Hope you have a wonderful weekend with plenty of quality reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!

    Today I'm sharing the first line from Son of the Father by Andrew Stone: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2019/10/03/first-line-friday-104/. I'm currently reading Fire Storm by Nancy Mehl so I'll share a line from there.

    "When Jason came over to fix supper that night, Kaely told him about the assignment with Omaha."

    I hope you have a relaxing weekend. 🙂❤📖

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this book in my tbr list. :)

    I’m sharing on my blog the first line from Dancing at Daybreak by Valerie Comer.

    “Mama, why don’t you live here anymore?”

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear from readers, so feel free to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...