25 Jan 2019

First Line Fridays: The Bride of Ivy Green by Julie Klassen



I'm back again after a week break, and this week I am going to include the last book that I finished. The final title in Julie Klassen's Regency series 'Tales from Ivy Hill'. I can't wait for Julie Klassen's next book and wonder what she's got lined up for us next (hopefully in December). 

Much has happened in idyllic Ivy Hill in recent months, and while several villagers have found new love and purpose, questions remain--and a few dearly held dreams have yet to be fulfilled.

Jane Bell is torn. Gabriel Locke is back and has made his intentions clear. But Jane is reluctant to give up her inn and destine another man to a childless marriage. Then someone she never expected to see again returns to Ivy Hill. . . .

Mercy Grove has lost her school and is resigned to life as a spinster, especially as the man she admires seems out of reach. Should she uproot herself from Ivy Cottage to become a governess for a former pupil? Her decision will change more lives than her own.

A secretive new dressmaker arrives in the village, but the ladies soon suspect she isn't who she claims to be. Will they oust the imposter, or help rescue her from a dangerous predicament?

In the meantime, everyone expects Miss Brockwell to marry a titled gentleman, even though her heart is drawn to another. While the people of Ivy Hill anticipate one wedding, an unexpected bride may surprise them all.


The First Line:

February 1821 

"Mercy Grove could no longer put off the painful task"

 Don't Forget to Click the Meme to see what other people are reading and comment with your own First Line

https://hoardingbooksblog.wordpress.com/category/first-line-fridays/
 

12 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! My first lines come from The Warrior Maiden by Melanie Dickerson:

    "Galloping her horse past the big oak tree, Mulan pulled the bowstring taut. She aimed at the knothole with one eye closed and sent the arrow flying toward the target."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/01/first-line-fridays-warrior-maiden.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that book on my TBR list. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I love the lighting on that cover! So dreamy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cover is stunning! Thanks for sharing the first line. I'll be adding it to my wish list. I'm featuring Emma Rous' The Au Pair if you'd like to stop by! I'm also a blog follower/subscriber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I absolutely love the cover. Its really fits the setting too. I've seen landscapes like that here in England.
      If you've read the other books in the series, I would certainly advise this one.

      Thanks for following me, and I will go over and have a look at your blog.

      Delete
  4. Happy Friday! My first line is from “Yesterday’s Promises” by Kimberly Rae Jordan:

    “Danica Callaghan sank down on the lowest of the wide, built-in, carpeted risers and surveyed her handiwork.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have not heard of that one. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. Happy Friday! I’m sharing the first lines from One Mind’s Eye by Kathy Tyers today, here are the lines that follow:

    “Llyn Torfinn stood at an i-net station, listening nervously, clasping her thin left arm with her right hand. Not much muscle padded the bones.”

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday!
    On my blog today I shared the first line from The Forgiving Jar by Wanda E Brunstetter but I'm currently about to start Breach of Trust by Rachel Dylan so I'll share the first line from that book here: "Mia Shaw gripped a bundle of brightly colored helium balloons with the word congratulations splashed all over them." Hope you have a great weekend with plenty of quality reading time!

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear from readers, so feel free to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...